If you’ve heard of the hit television show, Desperate Housewives, then you know being over 40 as one of tv`s hottest stars has its advantages! We’ve known all along that women over 40 are gorgeous and the leading ladies of Desperate Housewives are proof! Whether you’re a fan or just want to look like a Desperate Housewife, here’s how.
When it comes to the Desperate Housewives’ hair, actress Teri Hatcher actually prefers to wear her hair straight, rather than the curly style she has been seen in a time or two.
If you have naturally wavy hair like Teri’s and want to smooth it out try this:·
- Apply a straightening balm to slightly damp hair from root to tip.
- Beginning at the back of the head, blow dry hair in small sections using a large round brush. If you want more volume, bring the brush as close as you can to the scalp, hold for a few seconds and then slide a brush down through the hair’s ends.
- Using a flat iron, smooth out any sections where hair needs extra attention.
- Finish this look with a shine spray.
- Another great Desperate Housewife star is, Eva Longoria. Just like Teri Hatcher, she looks gorgeous in her own sleek hairstyle, but we loved Eva’s much more glamorous updo and think you will too.
- Begin by applying a small amount of finishing cream through dry hair.
- Next, part hair in an off-center style using a large boar bristle brush.
- Gather hair into a low loose ponytail onto the right side of your head and then create a twist by grabbing the ponytail at the base and twisting it around your ponytail holder. Hold the twist in place with bobby pins.
- Finish this look by spritzing hair with a firm holding spray.
Marcia Cross is nothing like her character from Desperate Housewives. She prefers a simple look compared to her character’s. For an easy yet elegant flip:·
- Flip hair upside down and blow dry while brushing hair forward to create lots of volumes.
- Next, flip hair back and run a flat iron through the ends of the hair to add sleekness and shine.
- Create more volume by rolling hair in medium to large hot rollers, depending on your hair’s texture.
- Allow the curls to cool and then carefully remove rollers. Run your fingers through your hair to separate curls.
- Using a large round, steel brush and blow dryer flip ends out and up.
- To finish this look, spritz hair lightly with hairspray.
If Nicollette Sheridan is your favorite housewife, you probably love her pale blonde locks. If so, you’ll also know she’s no stranger to a sleek smooth style.
- First, apply a de-frizz product from root to ends of hair.
- Using a large round brush and blow dryer, separate hair into 2 sections and then blow-dry each section beginning at the back of the head.
- Run a flat iron through areas where you want to create extra smooth texture.
- Finish by applying a shine product across hair’s surface.